The Equinology® Approach
Equinology, Inc. (est. 1994) is a company dedicated to providing quality courses in horse health science and care.
The Equinology® Approach was developed by Debranne Pattillo, MEEBW, founder of Equinology Inc. and co-founder of the International Equine Body Worker Association. She has used this approach successfully for her own client base for over 25 years, and has shared it with thousands of students, many of whom were already equine professionals, all over the world. This unique hands-on system addresses the whole body, implementing specific manual palpation methods to assess soft tissue and symmetry of muscle and structure, and utilising detailed static and dynamic evaluations. Different bodywork techniques — including sports massage, soft-tissue mobilization, stretching, range of motion and activation exercises, as well as “focal” point work (stress and trigger points) — are combined to provide optimal support for horses working in every discipline. Reflecting Debranne’s passion for academic precision in reference to functional equine musculoskeletal anatomy, the Equinology® Approach stands out because it is comprehensively anatomically referenced. The Equinology® Approach continues to evolve from Debranne’s extensive experience and ongoing learning from her colleagues and mentors — both human and equine.
Equinology’s satisfied students include veterinarians, chiropractors, physiotherapists, massage therapists, trainers, grooms, yard managers, horse owners and those who have had no experience with horses! All courses are taught by veterinarians or in their respective fields. Students searching for continued education will find what they need through many of the courses offered by Equinology.
For those working towards certification, Equinology has outlined the ideal programme to allow students to practice at their full potential. It is not our intention that you take all courses through Equinology: many of you will have already fulfilled some of the course prerequisites.
Individual workshops are one day to two weeks in length, and courses are usually offered at least once a year. Equinology has earned respect in the field by our dedication to turning out prepared students and by offering continuing education. We emphasise a strong background in functional anatomy, thus enabling the student to work and converse with confidence in their chosen profession.
Why should you choose Equinology Inc. for your educational needs?
• Our instructors are highly qualified and dynamic
• Every course is well-presented with the latest evidence-based information and much hands-on experience
• Students can take one course of interest or follow an entire certification programme
• We offer four levels of Equinology Equine Body Worker® certification
• Graduate Body Workers receive free listing on the Equinology and Equinenergy® websites
• Continuing education courses are available for students seeking out specific requirements
• Membership is open to the International Equinology Equine Body Worker Association for both students and graduates of the Equinology Equine Body Worker® and Caninology Canine Body Worker® programmes
• Equinology Inc® is approved in by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
• We are always evolving! New ideas, new courses, things YOU ask for – the best in education in sports massage for horses and dogs!
Equinenergy Ltd®, theUnited Kingdom division of Equinology, Inc. presents the leading Equinology Equine Body Worker® and Caninology Canine Body Worker® certification programmes. Equinenergy Ltd. is an approved school of the International Equine Body Worker Association. The EEBW® and CCBW® certification programmes are approved by the NCBTMB.
We offer recognised certification courses in equine complementary healthcare modalities that maintain and improve the well-being and performance of the horse. In addition, CANINENERGY Ltd. offers a full curriculum of recognized certification courses in canine complementary healthcare science.
Equinenergy® and Writtle University College – in partnership since 2003 to produce excellence in equine and canine complementary health care education
13 Wistaria Close, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 9PR, United Kingdom
Tel: 07548 789 713
Equinenergy® is a registered trademark | VAT No: 817 9428 95 | For the purpose of Insurance only Equinenergy® Limited. is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Balens Limited, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, Worcs. WR14 2TA, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
© Equinenergy® | Website by Jessica Hanney