Equinology® certification levels range from 300+hours to 2500+hours. Specific to equine sports massage, we offer our flagship Equinology ® Equine Body Worker (EEBW) certification course, the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level II (EEBWII) certification and the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level III (EEBWIII) certification.
Courses with Equinology, Inc are presented in modular formats, with the total hours adding up and going well beyond a 2-year course for those who continue to the Master Equinology® Equine Body Worker (MEEBW) certification level. Students are eligible for testing for the Master Equinology® Equine Body Worker Certification level once they have successfully tested for the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level III Certification.
We offer an additional Extension Certification module in Equine Myofascial. Although these extension modules are open to everyone for registration, students must also hold the Equinology® Equine Body Worker certification for Equinology® certification in extension courses.
What does the certification mean?
There are two different types of certificate: certificate of achievement and certificate of attendance.
Certificate of Achievement is a “certification” qualification, indicating that the student has attended the required courses, completed the required externship and case studies, and tested successfully for the level of qualification.
Certificate of Attendance indicates that the student attended a course, and the hours of attendance may be counted towards CPD or CE requirements.
Our courses are available for everyone’s continued education and are also open to those who are not requiring the certificate of achievement. Please check the particular prerequisites for each course. Certification of one level does not necessarily have to be completed in a specific order to take courses listed under another certification level, unless the course has a specific prerequisite.
For students who feel that they have already met some of the prerequisites, testing can be arranged to challenge a specific course. An administrative fee of US$100 applies for all courses that are challenged. It is not our intention that all courses should be completed through Equinology®. Our programme has an outline that we feel will enable students to practice at their full potential. Students must check with their state and country veterinary boards for existing laws of practice.
Certificates of Achievement by Equinology® INC
Equinology® Equine Body Worker (EEBW) Certification
(300+ hours with precourse study distance study (EQ50) and externship).
- EQ50: Equine Anatomy Precourse Distance Study: Students must register for this course prior to joining the EEBW course (optional for veterinarians).
The EQ50 course can be found here. New students should allow a minimum of 100 hours to work through this course.
- EQ100: Equinology® Equine Body Worker (EEBW) certification course. This certification is available only to Equinology ® students. Following the course, 6 months are allowed for the compulsory externship to be completed.
Please note: It is not required that EQ50 is completed before attending the EEBW course, but students must be very familiar with the vocabulary and skeletal system. The EQ50 final exam will need to be completed before the Equinology® Equine Body Worker certificate will be issued.
Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level II (EEBWII) Certification
(total of 550+ progressive hours to reach this level, including the EEBW certification and EQ50 course)
- • EQ103: Advanced Equine Soft Tissue Techniques, Introduction to Spinal Mobilisation and Clinical Reasoning
- Q900: Equine Anatomy Discovery Workshop
While this certification level is available only to Equinology ® students, the courses are open to all participants for their continuing education or continuation to the EEBW Level III.
A Certificate of Achievement as EEBW Level II will be issued after successful completion of the Equinology Equine Body Worker (EEBW) certification, and successful completion of the externships for all the courses listed for EEBW Level II. The Level II certification is available to Equinology® EEBW graduates only.
Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level III (EEBWIII) Certification
(total of 1000+ progressive hours including EEBW certification, EQ103 and EQ900)
- EQ300: Equine Biomechanics
- EQ600: Equine Gait Abnormalities and Lameness
- EQ700: Principles of Saddle Fitting and Shoeing Dynamics Level One
- EQ900 Progressive Anatomy Workshop OR 5-Day Full Body Dissection with Dr. Deb Bennet OR 5-day Equiken® Basic with Jon Zahourek
- EQ1300: Neurology. Muscle Physiology and Common Pathologies (online study)
- EQ1500: Equine First Aid for the Horse (online study)
- Testing for the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level III (EBWIII) Certification Program
A Certificate of Achievement as EEBW Level III will be issued after successful completion EEBW Level II and successful completion of the externships for all the courses listed for EEBW Level III. The Level III certification is available to Equinology® EEBW graduates only. While this certification level is available only to Equinology ® EEBW graduates, the courses are open to all participants for their continuing education or continuation to the MEEBW level.
Master Equinology® Equine Body Worker (MEEBW) Certification
(total of 2000+ progressive hours with test preparation, and completion of prerequisites for EEBW, EEBW Level II and EEBW Level III certification)
- EQ108: Equine Spinal Dysfunction: Motor Control and Functional Mobilisation/Core Strengthening Techniques
- EQ500: Principles of Equine Dentistry (online study)
- EQ830: Clinical Reasoning for the Equine Health Care Professional
- EQ1000: Biomechanics of the Equine Foot and Current Hoof Care Trends (online study)
- EQ1400: Fundamentals of Equine Nutrition (online study)
- EQ1850: Equine Exercise Physiology (online study)
- Testing for the Master Equinology® Equine Body Worker (MEEBW) Certification
Prerequisites for testing: successful completion of the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Level III (EEBWIII) programme outline.
EXTENSION CERTIFICATE MODULES by Equinology®
Certificates are issued upon successful completion of externships for students who have completed the specific course(s) for these series, and who have successfully completed the Equinology® Equine Body Worker certification course and externship (or a comparable equine sports massage programme with a similar/Equinology-approved course content).
Please note: students may take these courses at any time, and classes are open to students from other programmes. Participants do not need to be previously certified as an equine massage therapist or similar, but must meet the prerequisites for the EEBW courses (these are listed at the end of this section).
Equinology® Equine Myofascial Release Certification – EEMFR
- EQ1100: Equine Myofascial Release Techniques Level I
- EQ1110: Myofascial Release Techniques Level II
Students must have thorough knowledge of directional terms, veterinary vocabulary and anatomy. To register for the Equine Anatomy Pre-course Distance Study, click here. Students who have a thorough understanding of this material, especially those professionals already in the health care industry (for example, veterinarians), may contact the course office to waive this prerequisite.
Course participants must have good horse ground handling skills and be thoroughly comfortable working around horses before attending any of the courses, and must be confident and secure picking up horses’ legs and with all types of horse personalities and dispositions. If not, horsemanship lessons should be taken prior to enrollment.
CERTIFICATES OF ACHIEVEMENT by Caninology®
In 2005 we offered the first of our canine sports massage courses! Similar to the equinesports massage course programme, we offer the Caninology® Canine Body Worker Certification Course (CN3000) which sets the standard in the canine complementary health care industry.
Caninology® Canine Body Worker (CCBW) Certification
(total of 320+ hours with the CN3005 pre-course study and required externship)
- CN3005: Canine Anatomy and Behavior Pre-course Distance Study. Students must complete this prior to the CN3000 CCBW certification course (optional for veterinarians). The CN3005 course can be found here. Students must allow a minimum of100 hours to review this course.
- CN3000 Caninology® Canine Body Worker (CCBW) Certification Course. This certification is only available to Caninology Students. Following the course, 6 months are allowed for completion of the compulsory externship and testing.
Please Note: It is not required that students complete CN3005 before attending the Canine Body Worker Certification course, but they must be very familiar with the anatomical vocabulary and skeletal system. The CN3005 final exam must be completed before the Caninology® Canine Body Worker certificate will be issued.
Caninology® Canine Body Worker Level II (CCBWII) Certification
(total of 600+ progressive hours)
- CN3010: The Dynamic Dog: Biomechanics and Gait Abnormalities
- CN3015: Advanced Canine Massage Techniques Level One
- Caniken® 5 day Anatomy in Clay or a comparable anatomy and dissection course with similar outline/hours
- Testing for the Caninology® Canine Body Worker Level II (CCBWII) Certification
Equinenergy Ltd®, theUnited Kingdom division of Equinology, Inc. presents the leading Equinology Equine Body Worker® and Caninology Canine Body Worker® certification programmes. Equinenergy Ltd. is an approved school of the International Equine Body Worker Association. The EEBW® and CCBW® certification programmes are approved by the NCBTMB.
We offer recognised certification courses in equine complementary healthcare modalities that maintain and improve the well-being and performance of the horse. In addition, CANINENERGY Ltd. offers a full curriculum of recognized certification courses in canine complementary healthcare science.
Equinenergy® and Writtle University College – in exclusive partnership since 2003 to produce excellence in equine and canine complementary health care education
13 Wistaria Close, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 9PR, United Kingdom
Tel: 07548 789 713
Equinenergy® is a registered trademark | VAT No: 817 9428 95 | For the purpose of Insurance only Equinenergy® Limited. is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Balens Limited, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, Worcs. WR14 2TA, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
© Equinenergy® | Website by Jessica Hanney